[OS X TeX] The Application LaTeXit, Illustrator and Lucida Fonts

Gordon Sick sick at ucalgary.ca
Tue May 3 04:07:37 CEST 2005

I just tried the new application LaTeXit
http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit_en.php

I found that it solves my problem of not being able to properly
import Latex equations and so forth into Adobe Illustrator X. This
will allow me to label figures with equations. Yeah!

The only catch is that I find that I can't change the preamble in
LaTeXit to use my Lucida fonts, for which I would normally put in my
preamble
\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[expert,altbullet]{lucidabr}

I've tried putting it at the beginning of the preamble, the end and
right after the ams font definitions, eg.

\usepackage{amssymb} %maths
\usepackage{amsmath} %maths
\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[expert,altbullet]{lucidabr}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc} %useful to type directly accentuated
characters
\pagestyle{empty}

The fonts reside in my library ~/Library and it all works properly
with TexShop. Somehow I suspect that LaTeXit isn't finding my fonts,
so I suspect it isn't a LaTeXit problem but the way I'm calling it.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.
--cheers, Gordon
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>