[OS X TeX] Spotlight importers

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue May 3 04:04:06 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I wrote a couple of Spotlight importers that people may find useful.
BibImporter (for BibTeX files), and DVIImporter (reads text of DVI
files).  In my testing, they work fine, but let me know of any
problems (crashes or memory leaks).  Source is available on request;
DVIImporter has dvi2tty from gwTeX bundled with it.

The importers are available at <http://homepage.mac.com/amaxwell/>,
and can be installed in ~/Library/Spotlight or /Library/Spotlight.
You can force Spotlight to index your teTeX tree with `mdimport -f /
usr/local/teTeX` in Terminal, and the DVI importer should give you
access to the contents of the DVI documentation files from Spotlight,
while Apple's importers will index the others.

If you read the bibdesk-users list and installed a previous version
of my BibImporter plugin, please reinstall from the above URL.

regards,
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>