[OS X TeX] LaTexiT

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon May 2 16:38:24 CEST 2005

Le 2 mai 05 à 16:13, Rene Borgella a écrit :

>     Don't know anything about this, but just saw a link to it and
> thought some of you may be interested. Looks like LaTeX Equation
> Editor to me.
>
> <http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit_en.php>

Indeed the looks are pretty much the same. In the README the author
acknowledges this:

> What is LaTeXiT ?
>
> LaTeXiT is a little utility designed to quickly typeset LaTeX
> equations and drag'n drop them into other applications.
>
> However, it is fair to tell that is is heavily inspired from the
> remarkable LaTeX Equation Editor by J. McKenzie Alexander. In fact,
> I missed some features in this application, so I have decided to
> create a new one. LaTeXiT is not based on Latex Equation Editor, it
> is simply largely inspired of. So, do not be surprised to notice
> similar behaviours about the way that LaTeX is silently called by
> the program.

I don't know whether LaTeXiT uses portions of code from LaTeX
Equation Editor. If it does, there might be licensing issues: LaTeXiT
isn't GPL'd (nor is the source code available), whereas LaTeX
Equation Editor acknowledges using code from Equation Service:

> Portions of the LaTeX Equation Editor include code and algorithms
> from Doug Rowland's Equation Services (particular the portions
> which support saving the source inside the PDF file).

which itself is GPL'd.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>