[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X TeX]

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 1 10:41:29 CEST 2005

Gary L. Gray wrote:
[]
>> On Apr 30, 2005, at 4:59 PM, Rodrigo Banuelos wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I seem to have a problem with Texshop 2 and OS 10.4 (Tiger).   After
>>> I typeset (it happens every time), the color wheel starts  spinning
>>> for a few seconds (sometime many seconds) and Texshop  seems to just
>>> stop. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Rodrigo Banuelos
>>> Math Dept
>>> Purdue University
>

> I am seeing this too. It seems that it takes few seconds to update  the
> PDF when it is a complex document. I didn't see this with  previous
> versions of TeXShop under Panther.

The new feature on Tiger that could cause this is Spotlight. In
particular during the first hours after a Tiger installation when the
spotlight database is not yet complete, the system is considerably
slowed down, and any new file that has to be analyzed (pdfs are deeply
analyzed) can take a little while to finish.

--
Martin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>