[OS X TeX] TeXShop wish list

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun May 1 05:47:11 CEST 2005

On 4/30/05 11:43 AM, "Stephen Moye" <stephenmoye at cox.net> wrote:

> Version 2.0 is very nice and a welcome update. There are, however,
> some things that TeXShop needs to be able to do, IMO.
>
> 1. When TeXShop writes a .engine file, wouldn't it be possible for it
> to set the executable bit as well? I usually forget to do this in the
> Terminal window and end up with an error message when I use the new
> engine. Annoying.

Howdy,

I haven't updated to Tiger yet so I'm still using 1.37 but I'd guess some
things haven't changed.

Why not just make a copy of a .engine file, edit the copy and rename it in
the end. That way the executable bit will already be set.

> 3. Likewise, it would be nice to get at the TeXShop console window
> without mousing to a menu to get it. Textures had Command-<zero> to
> do this. I use the console window to keep track of information
> gathered during the TeX run, which currently requires a lot of mousing.

Try Cmd-` which cycles through all the windows.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>