[OS X TeX] Carbon

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Mar 31 21:16:20 CEST 2005

Le 31 mars 05, à 20:19, Luis Alonso-Ovalle a écrit :

> I am currently using the Enhanced Carbon Emacs (v.
> 21.3.50.03.11.14.CVS) by  Franconi as my choice editor. What's the
> preferred emacs version these days?

I don't know what's the current status of ECE, given that it has not
been updated for a long time and its developer, Enrico Franconi, had
expressed a few months ago the intention of dropping development after
posting instructions on the build procedure (AFAIK these instructions
haven't been posted yet).

Probably the best source of information would be the OS X Emacs list,
archived at <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-Emacs-Digests/>.

Some other builds of Emacs, fully relocatable (provided there are no
spaces in the path) and recently updated:

- Carbon Emacs, regularly updated (last on 21 March) and with included
AUC-TeX (instructions for enabling it there
<http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/CarbonEmacsPackage>):

	<http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/
carbonemacspackage.html>
	<http://home.att.ne.jp/alpha/z123/emacs-mac-e.html>

- Cocoa Emacs (more OS X-compliant interface, but based on an older
Emacs and possibly without TeX support), last updated on 30 March:

	<http://emacs-on-aqua.sourceforge.net/>

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>