[OS X TeX] Bera Sans & Bera Mono with Fourier(Utopia)

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 26 15:59:23 CET 2005

Howdy,

I've been trying to get a nice Sans Serif and Monospace font to go along
with the scaled Utopia (+Expert if you have the Expert fonts) used with
Fourier. I started off by using a scaled Helvetica (scaled to 0.0875) for
the Sans Serif Font and Latin Modern TT for the Monospace Font (mainly to
NOT use the T1 CMSuper). Went on to use Helvetica (as above) and Lucida
Bright Typewriter (from the Expert collection) with a special scaling. Now I
think I've got a really nice combination using the Bera Sans and Mono fonts
scaled at 0.85 (maybe a tiny bit small but I like it); I think it's a lovely
combination and free.

Thanks to Will Robertson for bringing the Bera Fonts to my attention.
They're not just for Palatino any more :-)!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>