[OS X TeX] Adding a font

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Mar 25 10:11:50 CET 2005

Le 25 mars 05, à 03:25, Jeff Genung a écrit :

> I have now spend almost 20 hours attempting to add Adobe Garamond to my
> teTeX files. [...]

XeTeX <http://scripts.sil.org/xetex/> now allows transparent use of OS
X fonts, without any conversion or installation being required. In case
you're willing to try it, install also the packages xunicode.sty and
fontspec.sty from the Related Packages page. On this page, there are
also dedicated support files for fonts in the Adobe Type Classics
library, though it was said that, with the support of optical sizes in
the latest (0.94) version of XeTeX, these dedicated files are no longer
necessary and fontspec.sty is enough.

Though being the person who initiated a tutorial on font installation
for (La)TeX on OS X, I must say that with the advent of XeTeX I've
mostly lost interest in these issues, and I've forgotten a lot thus I
can't really help.

> Some of the instructions point to either CTAN or to YandY for the Adobe
> files I need but neither seem to have them anymore. Is there a reason
> for
> this? doe someone have them hidden somewhere?

<http://www.tug.org/yandy/>
<http://www.tug.org/yandy/fntnames.htm>

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>