[OS X TeX] FontForge and TeX i-Package update

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex at st.estfiles.de
Mon Mar 21 14:33:08 CET 2005

Hi Gerben,

Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:

>  FontForge has been updated to version 20050209 and recompiled (the
>  previous i-Package rfelease had been compilked wrong). Everyone who
>  installed 20050209 is requested to update the i-Package and reinstall.
>
>  The TeX i-Package is being updated to the normal repositories. Apart
>  from the mentioned Latin Modern improvements (one week ago) it also has
>  a fix for the fact that FontForge has changed the format of its
>  reported version string.
>
>  If you have the converted Latin Modern fonts installed, you are advised
>  to:
>  	1. Move /Library/Fonts/Latin Modern out of the way (back it up to be
>  certain)
>  	2. Update and install the FontForge i-Package
>  	3. Update and install the TeX i-Package
>  Note that due to the changes in the texmf trees, this TeX i-Package
>  update requires a substantial download to install.

I just finished what you've recommend but I can't run fontforge:

$ fontforge
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 by George Williams.
  Executable based on sources from 19:08 9-Feb-2005.
Could not open screen.
You must start X11 before you can start fontforge
  X11 may be obtained from http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/download/

I have a 10.3.8 OSX with X11 and Xcode developer tools installed.
I started X11 and afterwards terminal.

What else is missing?

Steffen
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>