[OS X TeX] New i-Package release (mainly new Latin Modern)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Mar 18 23:35:07 CET 2005

There is a new release of the TeX i-Package in the *EXPERIMENTAL*
i-Directory. This release contains the recently released new Latin
Modern fonts (0.982). I have grafted these on top of the old Latin
Modern fonts (0.92) in such a way that both old (standard) and new
(beta March 16) ConTeXt work. They have also been added to the TL2003
setup.

This new release is necessary if you want to use the latest ConTeXt
release (March 16), because it depends in its standard setting on the
new encoding of the Latin Modern fonts.

I have been using it myself and all seems fine. I'd like some
corroboration. Installing from the *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory is safe
enough: with the package updated from one of the other rerpositories
you can go back to the current state.

If I do not hear about any show stoppers, the package will be uploaded
to the other mirrors somewhere next week.

The new Latin Modern come with OpenType versions of the same font. It
seems however that these are broken. So, I will not install them in
Apple's font directories instead of the type1->truetype conversion that
is being offered now (but that is broken now because of FontForge
problems). But in the future, the Latin Modern OpenType collection can
be expected, most likely as a separate i-Package.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>