[OS X TeX] Footnote formatting

Malcolm Ross Malcolm.Ross at anu.edu.au
Fri Mar 18 04:27:26 CET 2005

This is not strictly an OS X question, for which I apologise.

When I format the file of an article in LaTeX using article.cls, the
footnotes protude both right and left  beyond the margins of the body
text. If I format the same file using report.cls, the footnotes have
the same margins as the body text.

I would like to modify article,cls formatting so that the footnotes and
the body text have the same margins. I haven't been able to find any
references to this difference in any LaTeX documentation (which
probably means I'm not looking in the right places). The difference
seems to lie in a specification of narrower body text in article.cls,
but I can't locate the relevant variable. Can anyone tell me how to
make this modification?

Malcolm Ross

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>