[OS X TeX] Safari and MathML

Aditya Dushyant Trivedi atrivedi2 at student.gsu.edu
Thu Mar 17 17:11:20 CET 2005

>Hi there,
>does anyone know if Safari is able to visualize MathML code? I'm trying
>to convert some simple LaTeX formulas with TeX4ht but the resulting
>MathML code seems not displayed correctly in Safari. Actually Firefox
>doesn't seem to do it better... :-(

>Any suggestion?

>TIA,
>  Andrea.

I think you are out of luck. I had looked into it a few weeks ago. As far as I know no browser (atleast free ones) on Mac OS X supports MathML. An older version of Mozilla (1.3 I believe) worked. But anything later than that does not. I vaguley remember taht there is some kind of a font issue with the latest versions of Mozilla/Firefox. MathML support on Windows side is fine. Even in Firefox.

I hope things improve on Mac OS X. Till then for cross platfrom compatibility, you will have to stick with HTML + images of math formulae.

Eddy

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>