[OS X TeX] Eclipse plugin for (La)TeX editing

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Thu Mar 17 16:59:45 CET 2005

On Mar 17, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Casper Lassenius wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to drop you all a line to tell you about a recently
> finished
> student project at our university.
>
> The TeXlapse team recently finished version 1.0 of the TeXlipse plugin,
> which provides functionality for editing, building, and previewing
> (La)TeX
> documents from withing Eclipse. Notable features include syntax
> coloring,
> code folding, automatic as well as partial builds, cite and ref
> completion,
> and previewing with source synchronization.
>
> The plugin is free and open source, and the team would be extremely
> interested in feedback. I have myself used it for a couple of months
> on Mac
> OS X and found it to work well.
>
> You can find the plugin, as well as more information at
> http://texlipse.sf.net/
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Casper.

Thank you -- this looks very interesting. I have downloaded and
installed Eclipse, but I am unclear as to how to install TeXlipse. That
is, Step 3 on the Installation page:

http://texlipse.sourceforge.net/manual/installation.html

says to select a New Remote Site and give a name and address to it. I
don't see anywhere what that address should be.

In addition, I have downloaded TeXlipse and it is an Eclipse plug-in.
Should I simply be installing the plug-in (and, if so, where?) or
should I be doing the install through the update mechanism on the
Installation page?

I must confess to being very confused. :-)

All the best,

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>