[OS X TeX] A (little) challenge for OS X TeX programmers

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 07:59:30 CET 2005

Bruno wrote...

> Thanks for the infos. I use often "ls -l" or "ls -al", but here I was
> looking for something more visual, displaying the file icons for
> graphical files. Too bad I can't post a screenshot!

At the risk of cracking a sledgehammer with a nut, OmniGraffle
produces rather beautiful documents when you drag and drop a folder
onto it. You see the tree structure of the directory contents
*including icons*, and when you change the selection tool to the
"hand" the icons are live, meaning you can open any subfolder or file
by a single click.

Exporting a pdf file from the document produced in this way might be
enough, but it obviously gets a little unwieldy when the number of
files/directories starts to grow large.

Maybe worth a look if you already have a copy of OG. [To try and drag
this back on topic: anyone had any news of the
"just-about-to-be-released" latex export from OmniOutliner?]

Cheers,
Paul
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>