[OS X TeX] A (little) challenge for OS X TeX programmers

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Mar 17 07:38:56 CET 2005

Le 16 mars 05, à 20:03, Matthew Hills a écrit :

> For most cases, I'm more interested in just capturing the directory
> listing, so I would use "ls" or drag the folder on to a BBEdit
> document to get the file listing.

Thanks for the infos. I use often "ls -l" or "ls -al", but here I was
looking for something more visual, displaying the file icons for
graphical files. Too bad I can't post a screenshot!

> For capturing a single window view graphically, I'd use CMD-Shift-4...

That's what I did eventually, but when the number of files in a
directory is large (75 files in particular), the window is higher than
the screen and you've got to take several screenshots for a single
window.

> For managing collections of graphics, I'd use a graphic
> organizer/browser that is designed for just that.

It's just that I'm not aware of any. There's iPhoto, of course, but can
it do that for files that are not photographs? Having no camera,
digital or else, I must confess I haven't played with it really.

There's also GraphicConverter, and it's very powerful, but generally I
avoid to open graphical files with it due to its strong OS 9
inheritance: it tends to modify files, by adding resources, previews,
etc., all things that are meaningless on OS X and tend to increase the
file size and may make the files unreadable by other applications.

> You might also want to check out "Path Finder" to see if its print
> options are what you are looking for.

Thanks, I'll look for that one, and for PrintWindow as well, mentioned
by Will Adams. Maybe Apple will make more sense of this issue and
restore the Print Window functionality to Tiger...

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>