[OS X TeX] Where is dvipng?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Mar 17 00:36:29 CET 2005

Am 16.03.2005 um 23:19 schrieb Andrea Riciputi:

> Are you aware if dvipng has been recently added to TeX i-Package?

I am sure it existed already last year, at least in TL2004. Right now I
am using TL2005 ...

You can check all these things with your i-Installer without having to
download a single byte -- maybe you need to have the fattened
i-Package. It's easy:

launch i-Installer
choose Known Packages from i-Package menu
choose some i-Directory, if needed (press Use)
choose TeX in i-Installer's i-Packages window
press Open i-Package
choose Pkg Contents
find and mark i-Package Archive
then some download might happen -- I don't understand what i-Installer
is doing here and why there is no find available to search within 200
MB of data, thousand files, some data mining might be OK too if I could
find something that I intend to search ...

On the command line it's possible too:

tar jvtf <i-Packages>/tex.ii2/tex.26.tar.bz2 | grep dvipng

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Let's face it; we don't want a free market economy either."
         James Farley, president, Coca-Cola Export Corp., 1959

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>