[OS X TeX] lost in font-land

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 16 11:53:04 CET 2005

Am 16.03.2005 um 07:41 schrieb Jeff Genung:

> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{lmodern}
>
> I don't see any changes when I do this

That's correct: Latin Modern looks exactly like Computer Modern. You
have to check your log file to see which files where used to produce
the PDF output.

> http://isotropic.org/uw/papers/chicken.pdf

I'd prefer to think in terms of mouton, mutton, lamb -- and goat,
goat's milk! But I'm no scientist ...

> Is there somewhere a basic do this then do this then do this
> instruction set
> for using a type 1 font?

There is! Try 'texdoc fontinstallationguide' and it will show you
Philip Lehman's Font Installation Guide. For more reading you could try
'texdoc fontinst' and 'texdoc fisource', but that's already close to
esoteric. It least they all describe how to install a PostScript font
in TeX.

How good are your fonts? I mean, which glyphs do they have? More than
the usual ones? Then it would make more sense to try a different scheme
for fontinst that I am preparing for installation of Unicode encoded
TrueType fonts ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists.
If it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>