[OS X TeX] adding truetype fonts for pdflatex

Dalyoung haksan at mac.com
Wed Mar 16 09:57:32 CET 2005

Dear all,

Recently, I added  truetype Korean fonts(unttf) in my local texmf
tree(/fonts/truetype/unttf/) and related files:
		enc files: /fonts/enc/paftex/unttf/*.enc
		tfm files: /fonts/tfm/unttf/*.tfm
		fd files:  /tex/latex/dhucs/unttf/*.fd

I copied and pasted the map file of unttf font into the
pdftex.map(pdftex_dl14.map) instead of running updmap. After the
installation, pdflatex was working well for the file which didin't
contain an english font declaration like \usepackage{pxfonts}. For
english fonts, it peoduced EC fonts. However, if I add the line
"\usepackage{pxfonts}" something, then it's not working at all.

On the otherhand, I added the line "Map unttf.map" at the end of
updmap.cfg and run updmap. In this case, the file containing the line
"\usepackage{pxfonts}" and english only worked fine. But the file
containg both English and Korean didn't work.

Is there a nice way to include type1 fonts and truetype fonts together?
Or are there something that is not the map problem which caused this
problem?

Thank you.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>