[OS X TeX] lost in font-land

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Wed Mar 16 08:29:01 CET 2005

On 16 Mar 2005, at 5:11 PM, Jeff Genung wrote:

> I am attempting to try setting a document in a font other than CM, and
> see
> on the gwTeX installation that I can do the following to use the latin
> modern font that is apparently installed as part of gwTeX
>
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{lmodern}
>
> I don't see any changes when I do this?

:) The latin modern fonts are designed to look identical to CM but with
many more accented glyphs and an encoding that makes sense.

Look in psnfss2e.pdf
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf) for
documentation on other postscript fonts that are included in your TeX
distribution.

There are some other fonts on CTAN you might be interested in as well,
notably the Bera family and the various new URW ones.

Alternatively, you could try out XeTeX, which provides access to every
font installed in your Mac OS X system.

Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>