[OS X TeX] lost in font-land

Jeff Genung maine at searust.com
Wed Mar 16 07:41:38 CET 2005

I am attempting to try setting a document in a font other than CM, and see
on the gwTeX installation that I can do the following to use the latin
modern font that is apparently installed as part of gwTeX

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}

I don't see any changes when I do this? so it obviously is not using the
latin modern fonts... is there something else I need to do here? I have
attempted to read Bruno Voisin's Installing fonts for LaTeX on OS X but I am
definitely lost. I would also like to be able to use a couple of Type 1
Adobe fonts that I have but the instructions are real gobbldygook.

If you have never seen the Chicken file, I urge you to read:

http://isotropic.org/uw/papers/chicken.pdf

It's a latex-pdf file that is really easier to understand than some of the
manuals I have.

Is there somewhere a basic do this then do this then do this instruction set
for using a type 1 font?

The links to http://www.yandy.com/ don't seem to be working (unless you are
buying things other than fonts!!) and I am sure everyone has had fun
searching the web for sites on "Latex"

I already have my document all ready to go but just want to see what it
would look like in a different font

HELP---Jeff Genung

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>