[OS X TeX] verse.sty question

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Mar 15 13:51:04 CET 2005

Le 15 mars 05, à 13:04, scheissenochmal2003 at yahoo.de a écrit :

> I am typesetting some poems using the verse-package. For the text I
> use a special font. Now I need line numbering, but I don't want the
> line numbers to be typeset in that font (a heavy sansserif resembling
> the AkzidenzGrotesk-Medium). The verse.pdf documentation says: "Lines
> are numbered via \thepoemline which defaults to typesetting
> normalsized arabic numerals."
> Can somebody help me in redefining \thepoemline, so that it produces
> \small\normalfont arabic numerals?

You may try redefining (in your document's preamble) the command
generating, in verse.sty, the line numbers, something like:

\makeatletter
\renewcommand{\@vscentercr}{%
   \ifhmode \unskip\else \@nolnerr\fi

\hfill\rlap{\kern\vrightskip\kern\rightmargin\small\normalfont\getmodulo
@vs}%
   \@vsifgt{\verselinebreak}{%
   \incr at vsline
   \par\@ifstar{\nobreak\@vsxcentercr}{%
     \@vsifbang{\@ifnextchar[ {\@vsicentercr}{}}{\@vsxcentercr}}}}
\makeatother

(\getmodulo at vs is the command calling \thepeomline). Or you may also
try:

\makeatletter
\renewcommand{\getmodulo at vs}{{\@tempcnta\c at poemline\small\normalfont
   \ifnum\c at modulo@vs<\@ne    % no line numbers
   \else
     \ifnum\c at modulo@vs<\tw@  % number every line
       \thepoemline
     \else
       \divide\@tempcnta\c at modulo@vs
       \multiply\@tempcnta\c at modulo@vs
       \ifnum\@tempcnta=\c at poemline\thepoemline\fi
     \fi
   \fi
}}
\makeatother

With no guarantee, as I've never used verse.sty.

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>