[OS X TeX] Anybody speaking spanish? (Modified by Gerben Wierda)

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Mar 13 00:53:28 CET 2005

On 13/03/2005, at 8:17 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> I got this message:

>> Señores:
>>
>> solicito permitirme o autorizar el uso del software LATEX. quedaré
>> eternamente agradecido.
>>
>> atentamente.
>>
>> Fdo. NAME DELETED
>
> The header looked like it might have been spam, but the text seems to
> indicate that someone is asking my permission to use LaTeX.

With such a short, unhelpful message such as this,
(which could indeed be part of a strategy to find
active email addresses for a future SPAM campaign)
just answer directing to a public website such as
   http://www.tug.org .

On occasion I get such requests in English.

Only if the message is more specific about what they
want to do with TeX, LaTeX, LaTeX2HTML, etc.
do I give a more detailed reply.

> Can someone tell me what this exactly means?

The translation is simple enough; essentially:
   "I'll be eternally grateful for permission
    from the authors to use LaTeX software."

Since that permission is inherently automatic,
what it "really" means is far from obvious.  :-)

> Thanks,

Cheers

	Ross.

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>