[OS X TeX] PrettyRef

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Thu Mar 10 04:57:59 CET 2005

Herb Schulz wrote:

>Why are you making things hard on yourself.

Because I don't know any better.

>Give the \label's names that
>mean something to you; e.g., based on the subject of that section.

Well, things are still a bit in flux and the way I think of a section
tends to change over time. So, in a month or two, I won't remember if I
have already used that name or not and since the same idea can come up
again and again …

On the other hand, since my problem is only to avoid re-using names, I
have thought about using "randomely generated" numbers.

>You
>shouldn't have to keep track of numbers; that's what LaTeX does for you.

That's what I was hoping.

Regards
--schremmer
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>