\iftextures? (was: [OS X TeX] \colordvi in plain tex)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Mar 6 19:00:10 CET 2005

Le 6 mars 05, à 18:24, Frank STENGEL a écrit :

> Le 6 mars 05, à 16:55, Bruno Voisin a écrit :
>
> <snip>
>
>> either dvips, pdfTeX or Textures I defined (with \ifpdf and
>> \iftextures additional commands, not shown here, testing whether
>> we're using pdfTeX and Textures):
>
> \ifpdf I know about: it is defined in ifpdf.sty. But how do you define
> \iftextures?
>
> After googling, the only things I saw are class options that set
> \iftextures. Is there an automatic way?

No, that was also a manual switch I had put in the letter macro file:

\newif\iftextures
\def\usetextures{\texturestrue}
\def\usestandardtex{\texturesfalse}
\usestandardtex

Similarly \ifpdf was also something that was defined in the macro file,
but this time automatically:

\newif\ifpdf
\ifx\pdfoutput\undefined
   \pdffalse
\else
   \pdftrue
\fi

ifpdf.sty does essentially the same, but with a lot of tests beforehand
to look whether the switch has already been defined etc.

Sorry to not have been more explicit. I am not aware of any automatic
way to detect whether Textures is run, similar to testing for
\pdfoutput for pdfTeX and \XeTeXversion for XeTeX.

BTW, regarding predefined colors, I mentioned colordvi.tex for dvips
and pdfcolor.tex for pdfTeX, but forgot, for completeness,
"/Applications (Mac OS 9)/Textures/TeX Inputs/CrayolaColors" for
Textures.

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>