[OS X TeX] TeXShop questions

rbmjk at alltel.net rbmjk at alltel.net
Sat Mar 5 21:38:49 CET 2005

I am new to TeX on the MAC, but am an experienced TeX user.
I recently installed TeXShop, using i-Installer, on my new MAC iBook.
I then put my old TeX files in to Documents, and tried TeXing a file.
One of my first lines is, as usual,

        \input kellogg/tex/macros

and it could not find the file. So I put the file into the same folder
as the file being TeXed, changed the command to

      \input macros,

saved the changed file, and successfully TeXed the file. I tried TeXing it again,
and again it could not find "kellogg/tex/macros". I then read the info on
TeXShop, and learned that I should put my files into Library/texmf.
I then looked into Library/texmf, thinking that I would find some version
of my file there. Nothing. My questions:

1. Why does the program think that I have the command (1) above, when
there is no such line?

2. Must I really put all my various folders of TeX files as a subdirectory
of Library/texmf? I will, if necessary, but it seems more logical to
me to leave them in Documents.

3. This is unrelated, but when I preview, with the pdf file that is produced,
I do not get the whole page at one shot, but rather am image that
must be scrolled up and down. My previous linux distribution was better
in that regard!

4. Yet another unrelated TeX question, just to get things off my chest:
The editor suffers from the MAC limitation of a 1 button mouse, instead
of the convenient 3 button mouse that is so convenient for cutting
and pasting. Any suggestion of a remedy?

Thanks for amy help that may be provided

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>