[OS X TeX] TeXShop and PDFSync

Doug Fields dfields-macosx-tex-0205 at pexicom.com
Sat Mar 5 18:07:53 CET 2005

Hello all,

I'm using TeXShop 1.35e and trying to get the two-way PDFSync feature
working. This seems like a really neat feature.

I installed the .sty files per TeXShop installation, and read the
(excellent) help page on TeXShop to get the pdfsync to work.
Unfortunately, however, I seem only to be able to get one-way sync
going: from source to PDF.

I can command-click all day (with any of the four tools) in the typeset
(pdf preview) window and not have the source window either brought to
the front or shown. Displaying the SyncMarks shows them all over the
place in the PDF document.

I did discover a lot of neat features with the small magnification
tool, such as:
	shift-click de-magnifies
	option-click magnifies a larger area (like the large magnification
tool)
	click-then-command magnifies further
	double-clicks do different things with the above
	combinations do different things too

But, command-click seems to do nothing. If anyone has an idea, I'd
welcome it.

One more thing: Is there a way to tell the source-to-PDF sync to show
the appropriate page but not move the horizontal or vertical scrollbars
around? I ask because I generally zoom and scroll so that exactly one
page of typesetting can be seen perfectly in the preview window, but
the source-to-PDF sync seems to move the scroll bars around, and I only
see the top-corner of the page.

Thanks,

Doug

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>