[OS X TeX] iinstaller packages are not documents

Joachim Kock jkock at ya.com
Fri Mar 4 22:10:48 CET 2005

>Well, another distinguished user on this list recently admitted that he
>never thought to change the location. I figured he might not be alone ;)

OK, point taken :-)

>Because i-packages are more than just downloads, especially the TeX
>package: keeping it in a location where i-Installer can find it will save
>a lot of download bandwidth and time if you keep the old one (programs
>update, but texmf stays the same, a rather common occurrence - having
>the old one available will save you a download of about 40 MB IIRC).

Aha.  Then it is more appropriate to think of these packages as caches
or support files instead of regarding them as pure download.  In which
case I would suggest  ~/Library/Application\ Support/i-Installer

So perhaps the horse is not completely dead, maybe just a bit tired.

Cheers,
Joachim.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>