Unicode, Greek and special characters (was [OS X TeX] BibDesk and Unicode (was: BibTeX problems)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 4 18:20:56 CET 2005

Am 04.03.2005 um 17:57 schrieb Jason Davies:

> what is implicated here though..I don't know XeLaTeX (these things are
> getting harder to type...). will Gerben's setup choke on this or is
> saving those files at UTF-8 tantamount to switching? (Can I still use
> TeXShop? etc...)

Works. + installation of XeTeX i-Package. + xunicode.sty (previous
utf8accents.sty)

> is there a good reference  point (eg web page) for these questions and
> all the onse I haven't thought of that you (or anyone else) knows?
> thanks (as ever...)

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=XeTeX&
http://contextgarden.net/XeTeX
http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/xetex/

It can happen that you'll find documents that require osxfonts.sty --
forget them!
Others will require utf8accents.sty -- give them xunicode.sty.

Make your XeTeX or XeLaTeX files start like

%&program=xetex
%&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode

Never use constructs like "a or \"i, \AA, ?', \.o, \=e etc! Stay clean
Unicode.

--
Greetings

   Pete