[OS X TeX] Re: Unicode, Greek and special characters

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Fri Mar 4 16:59:00 CET 2005

On 5 Mar 2005, at 0:43, Jason Davies wrote:

> this seems a good moment to ask for clarification: do you mean I can
> use 'normal' LaTeX accenting, or that unicode means I can type them as
> if I were using (eg) BBEdit (ie they *appear* as accented characters)?

I don't know about this but...

> this has been discussed, and someone said that with the advent of
> unicode, we could 'just type'. but I don't know if I can trust that
> yet...:-) and if so, what fonts are people using for ancient greek?

You can. I think Lucida Grande have all or most characters you need but
you may prefer something more beautiful. Personally I like Aysa Unicode
which is available for free as components of MultiKey 4.00.
<http://www.oeaw.ac.at/kal/multikey/multikey2000.exe>
(Expandable with StuffIt Expander.)

There seem to be several GreekPolytonic keyboard layouts. However if
you use mine, you can expect I'll modify it so that it fits your needs
;-)
<http://quinon.com/files/keylayouts/GreekPolytonicKB.sit>

Kino

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>