[OS X TeX] What kind of operation is TeXing? (concerning hardware)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Mar 4 08:47:58 CET 2005

Le 4 mars 05, à 08:21, Will Robertson a écrit :

> It's certainly annoying, but then x86 users don't even have XeTeX or
> pdfsync, so we've still got a couple of aces in our sleeves.

Plus some others as well: in the research lab where I work the number
of Mac users has finally stabilized (no more people ditching the Mac
for Windows or Linux), and I must say I feel quite proud to have
managed to make two new Mac converts (from Linux to the Mac). In the
latter case, the selling point for the Mac was showing how easy it is,
using Apple's X11 and ssh forwarding, to run Maple, installed on a
Linux box, remotely from a Mac, with the X11 windows opening on the Mac
screen in all their Quartz glory.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>