[OS X TeX] Kerning data/afm2tfm

scheissenochmal2003 at yahoo.de scheissenochmal2003 at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 3 16:23:11 CET 2005

As I have just received a new afm file with revised kerning data for one
font, I was trying to re-convert the kerning data using afm2tfm.
This worked well using 8a.enc and 8r.enc - the kerning was properly
altered when
- using [T1]{fontenc} and
- for testing purposes changing the .fd description to <->fstr8r instead
of fstr8t. So I guess the original afm file does not contain errors.

`afm2tfm fstr.afm -T cork.enc fstr8t.tfm' resulted in

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
! bad form in LIGKERN command
% LIGKERN space @{@} * ; * @{@} space ; zero @{@} * ; * @{@} zero ;

                          ^

and an empty tfm file.

I googled around a bit, but could not find anything significant.
Any ideas concerning that output in combination with 8a/8r working well
with the afm file?

And: am I right in thinking that only the afm/tfm files in my
texmf.local have to be changed to adjust the kerning pair data?

Thanks again!
Stephan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>