[OS X TeX] BBEdit and TeXShop - pointers?

Johan Almqvist johan at almqvist.net
Thu Mar 3 13:12:26 CET 2005

On Mar 3, 2005, at 13:03, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>> In the meantime, the scripts available are usually enough to see you
>> through...
> Mine have already been mentioned. The current release supports both
> BBEdit and TextWrangler.

I just found them and am evaluating them at the moment... they're quite
good and I think I might be able to live with just some minor
changes... I also installed the LaTeX Glossary but haven't really had
any reason to make heavy use of it.

>> BBEdit does have syntax colouring for TeX, which is very nice. I
>> assume
>> Textwrangler also does (but haven't checked).
> It does. Frankly, if you're  not doing HTML, I find it very hard to
> justify
> BBEdit over TW.

Well, there is the CVS support which is nice -- I once lost a large
part of an important document I was editing, and CVS is a central part
in my backup strategy ever since. (Nothing that can't be done from the
terminal or could be done with AppleScript + shell scripts, though)

-Johan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>