[OS X TeX] PS (from TeX) to good PDF

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 10:53:11 CET 2005

Thanks to all for the information.

I couldn't locate fixfont. I know from past experience that PStill
usually can't help, because to fix fonts it needs the Postscript
comments, which usually aren't there. However, I was able to solve the
problem: drop the bad PDF onto Create, then export it back as PDF. This
rasterizes it. Then, use Acrobat to OCR it. May Heaven forgive me!

Tens of thousands of papers are published on line using bitmapped
fonts. If only their authors would run them through TeX again!

Larry Paulson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>