[OS X TeX] BBEdit and TeXShop - pointers?

Johan Almqvist johan at almqvist.net
Thu Mar 3 10:13:29 CET 2005

Hej

I'm new to the list and should maybe give you a short intro. I've been
using LaTeX on and off since 1997 (mostly on Linux) and Macs since
1989. I'm now starting to write my master's thesis and decided I'd do
that on my Mac using LaTeX.

I have installed TeX from i-Package (2005/01/02 22:45:28) and TeXShop
(1.35 (v1.35e)) and am considering buying BBEdit (Alpha X is another
alternative [dismissed because it can't do utf8; I need that for
Swedish, Norwegian, French and German stuff I write]).

I was very disappointed to see that the LaTeX support in BBEdit sucks -
compared to what BBEdit has for HTML editing and Web publishing... The
plugins on the Bare Bones website are from the previous millenium...

Also, I tried to hack up some AppleScript (quickly) myself, but that
didn't work either: TeXShop either gives an error message
(NSCannotCreateSciptCommandError) or simply doesn't do anything at all.

I have searched the web for two days now (instead of writing my thesis)
and haven't come up with anything really relevant. Have I missed
anything? Or do I really need to start writing my own BBEdit plugin
(instead of writing my thesis)?

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

-Johan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>