[OS X TeX] metapost

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Mar 2 18:06:56 CET 2005

Le 2 mars 05, à 17:45, Aaron Jackson a écrit :

> Ok, all good advice, but I seem to remember having to install X11
> first.  So I would amend the above with make sure you have X11
> installed first.  If not it should be on the MacOS X CD's, or you can
> download it from (it's pretty big):
>
> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/x11formacosx.html

I think X11.pkg is on Panther's CD 3. It's advisable to install it
before TeX, as IIRC i-Installer checks, during installation of the TeX
i-Package, whether X11 is there or not, and if it's there then
i-Installer installs the X11 version of xdvi, so that you can use xdvi
to preview your .dvi files as well.

To get nice-looking icons for xfig it's also advisable to install the
Xaw3d i-Package, again IIRC (I don't have xfig installed myself).

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>