[OS X TeX] Viewing PostScript in Carbon and save trees

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 2 14:24:04 CET 2005

Am 02.03.2005 um 14:01 schrieb Johan Glimming:

> I have been looking for a good piece of software to replace GhostView
> in Carbon

Why do you want to stick with PostScript? What is holding you in the
past?

To render PS correctly you either need to include all in that document
used fonts and encodings in that file, or you add these fonts to gs'
Fontmap.GS. Then ps2pdf{,12,13,14} will be able to convert that file to
PDF. If the PS document contains all fonts, Apple's pstopdf can do that
conversion too -- quite often.

If your PS file come from (La)TeX documents, you should directly create
PDF and view it in TeXShop. That application allows you to magnify the
text portion to an optimum value and the you adjust the text portion in
the TeXShop frame to see all of it -- and this adjustment is kep for
every page!

You could try the X11 application gv (http://www.gnu.org/software/gv/)
to view PS.

--