[OS X TeX] Viewing PostScript in Carbon and save trees

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Wed Mar 2 14:01:23 CET 2005

Hi

I have been looking for a good piece of software to replace GhostView
in Carbon. My eyes have fallen on

MacGhostView - an old project it seems? Not a useful GUI in my opinion.
PostView - which has its own PostScript renderer, which is not as good
as
            GhostScript in my opinion, and not as nice to navigate as
            TeXniscope or Preview
Preview - which unfortunately
     creates .ps files and renders PostScript in 50% of all cases.
     The other 50% have corrrupt characters.
TeXniscope - very nice GUI and good navigation for PDF files, but the
    two PostScript files I tried to opened got "No Pages" and nothing was
    shown.

I would prefer a real-time PostScript renderer like PostView, but built
on top of GhostView. Maybe the best idea is to link TeXniscope to
ghostscript?

Or is there any such engine available, e.g. a good port of GhostView?

Johan Glimming.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>