[OS X TeX] PS (from TeX) to good PDF

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 2 10:19:57 CET 2005

As an academic, I frequently download papers in the form of PostScript
files generated by TeX on UNIX machines. I've tried many ways of
converting these PostScript files to PDF, including Acrobat Distiller.
However, the resulting PDF seldom allows search or text selection.

Acrobat has a tool (based on OCR) that can make rasterized PDFs
searchable, but it seems unable to cope with the PostScript that
emerges from TeX systems. Is there no way of cleaning up this sort of
PostScript?

Larry Paulson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>