[OS X TeX] PDF from LaTeX and Adobe Illustrator

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Thu Jun 30 18:10:03 CEST 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

>> Wow, that seems like a lot of work!  I don't mean to turn this into a
>> "my work flow is better than yours" discussion and this is floating
>> of topic, but it seems that gnuplot can do everything you need and
>> the output is a combination of LaTeX and eps...
>
> No problem. We are always looking for alternatives. Of course, I
> suspect you can't do figures like this:
>
> <http://www.esm.psu.edu/faculty/gray/book/RV-with-ramp.pdf>
>
> or this:
>
> <http://www.esm.psu.edu/faculty/gray/book/two-balls-two-strings.pdf>
>
> in gnuplot. ;-)

I see that I am not thinking globally enough.  Of course, gnuplot is
designed to plot functions and sets of data points.  I suppose one
could coerce gnuplot to produce similar output as shown in the above
examples, but that would be way too much work.  However, gnuplot is a
great tool for the trajectory example shown on
http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/wftpdf/

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>