[OS X TeX] PDF from LaTeX and Adobe Illustrator

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 30 16:36:27 CEST 2005

Am 30.06.2005 um 11:35 schrieb Pierre Chatelier:

> Some users of LaTeXiT has reported me that when you drag'n drop a PDF
> equation generated by pdfLaTeX to Adobe Illustrator, then Illustrator
> does not consider it as a mere image, but on the contrary recognized
> the symbols, and unfortunately replace them using another (ugly) font.

Are sure that LaTeXiT does *not* use the ugly font? I mean, when you're
using PK fonts from Computer Modern they look very ugly in Adobe
products. Couldn't you try the same with fourier, mathpazo, and could
be Latin Modern too? pxfonts and txfonts use AMS fonts. If you don't
use a MAP setup to use the PostScript versions of the PK fonts you will
see ugly glyphs. (I don't use AI, so it's close to pure theory what I
write.)

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/fonts/pxfonts/pxfontsdocA4.pdf
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/fonts/txfonts/txfontsdocA4.pdf
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/fonts/mathpazo/README.txt
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/help/Catalogue/entries/
mathpazo.html
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/doc/latex/fourier (there should be
French doc too, since Fourier is a French package)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>