[OS X TeX] problem with context/m-ch-en.sty

William Scott wgscott at chemistry.ucsc.edu
Fri Jun 24 02:23:22 CEST 2005

Hi Folks:

I am new to the list, and searched the archives for an answer to this
question but did not find it...

Using the current tetex installed via fink, or any of the ones
installed with ii2,  I am running into the following error when using
this preamble:

\documentclass[10pt]{article}
\usepackage{geometry}
\usepackage{chemarr}
\usepackage{m-ch-en}

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/context/m-ch-en.sty
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/context/m-pictex.sty
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/m-pictex.tex
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/pictex/prepictex.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/pictex/pictex.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/pictex/postpictex.tex)))
! No room for a new \dimen .
\ch at ck ...\else \errmessage {No room for a new #3}
                                                   \fi
l.352 \newdimen\!!widtha \newdimen\!!heighta
                                              \newdimen\!!deptha
?

This worked fine with tetex 2.x installed with fink, but upon upgrade
to 3.0 it no longer works.  Installation of any of 2.x or 3.0 via ii2
also yields the above error.

I'm not sure where to begin to fix this problem, but it has made it
impossible to produce chemical formulas and symbols.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions,

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA