Fwd: [OS X TeX] Auto bounding box for LaTeX document ?

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Tue Jun 21 22:15:10 CEST 2005

> For some background info: http://www.xs4all.nl/~msneep/articles/
> baseline.html
Great that it is online !
(just before I forget : there is a typo at the very end : <Eqaution
instead of Equation>

> You can do it in a single step: the preview package does that for
> you, and it works with all displayed and in-line material.
Yes, but it seems that it does not work for non mathematical text;
example :

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
> \usepackage{mathptmx}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> \usepackage[fleqn]{amsmath}
> \usepackage[active,displaymath,tightpage]{preview}
> %neededtoremovespacelefttotheequation
> \setlength{\mathindent}{0pt}
> \begin{document}
> foo
> \end{document}

produces no output

Finally, I would prefer not to rely on pdfcrop not pdftk, and limit
myself to pdflatex and gs.
By the way, computing the tight bounding box with gs is interesting

> boundingbox=`gs -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=bbox -dBATCH -q $pdfin 2>&1 |
> awk -F: '/%%HiResBoundingBox/{printf "[%s]",substr($2, 2, length

But is it possible to insert this bounding box in the PDF doc without
using pdftk ? I do not know PDF format, so I do not know either what
should be done...

Regards,

Pierre Chatelier

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>