[OS X TeX] TeXing in BBEdit8 and Tiger

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Tue Jun 21 20:27:35 CEST 2005

John,

On Jun 21, 2005, at 12:09 PM, John Johnson wrote:

> I just upgraded my machine to 10.4, and my BBEdit to 8. Since I've
> made these changes, I thought that I should consider alternative means
> of sending my documents through the typesetting engine. I know that
> Martin Sneep provides the Compile-TeX materials. What else is out
> there?

I have a library of custom scripts that I've written for editing LaTeX
in BBEdit 8, using TeXniscope as my previewer, pdfsync for
synchronization, BibDesk for references, and a Terminal window as a
console log.  The system works well for me and I would be happy to
share the scripts, but as I'm in the final week of finishing my
dissertation, I won't be able to share them until July.  If you (or
anyone else) is interested, drop me an email off-list.  I'll file any
requests away for a few days, but promise to respond eventually.  If
there is enough interest, I'll throw the whole mess up on a web page
and announce it to the list.

That said, once my dissertation is "in the can", I'm going to upgrade
to Tiger.  Next to Spotlight searches of TeX documentation, I'm most
looking forward to trying the new synchronization capabilities of
TeXShop 2.x.

Cheers,

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>