[OS X TeX] Auto bounding box for LaTeX document ?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 21 15:11:59 CEST 2005

On Jun 21, 2005, at 7:28 AM, Pierre Chatelier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In his snippet examples development document, Maarten Sneep
> proposes some solutions to make a latex document generate its own
> minimal bounding box with a single pdflatex run.
> Two possibilities so far:
> -Using boxes that compute their own geometry, but it does not
> compile for multi-line equations
> -Using the preview package, but it does not render non-mathematical
> text.
>
> Any ideas to get such a feature work in every case ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre Chatelier

Howdy,

Not quite one step but it seems to work. If you have \pagestyle
{empty} (so no headers or footers) you can get a tight bounding box
by running pdflatex to make a fname.pdf file and then run pdfcrop on
that to make a fname-crop.pdf file that has the tight cropping. I've
gotten it to work with text and multi-line equations. There may be
other effects that aren't so nice but try it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>