[OS X TeX] Italics in \newenvironment

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 19 15:27:41 CEST 2005

On Jun 19, 2005, at 7:31 AM, Damon Muller wrote:

> Cool. That works fine.
>
> I use the _Not So Short Guide_ as my main LaTeX reference, and it
> doesn't say anything about \itshape, or what things can or can't
> contain
> paragraphs.
>
> Thanks for the quick response!

Howdy,

You can get al lot out of the ``Not So Short Guide'' but in the long
run you should get a real book to use as light/heavy reading (:-))
and reference. I'd get ``Guide to LaTeX,'' 4th Edition, by Kopka &
Daley. For deep detail into many packages and making LaTeX do things
differently I'd go with ``The LaTeX Companion,'' 2nd Edition, by
Mittelbach, Goosens, Braams, Carlisle & Rowley (no et-al here! I like
to give credit where credit is due). Both are very well written and
fit complement each other very well.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>