[OS X TeX] bibtex8

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 15 10:53:34 CEST 2005

Am 13.06.2005 um 23:26 schrieb Werenfried Spit:

> Does anyone know how to get bibtex8 working on osX? The executable
> is present in /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/bibtex8
> and it is running, but it is unable to find either .csf or .bst files.
> Adding
> the proper paths to texmf.cnf is to no avail. Even putting the files in
> the current dir does not work.

I'm a bit late with my answer ...

Since you mention texmf.cnf: what path were you trying to add? I think
bibtex uses just two paths, those addressed by BIBINPUTS and by
BSTINPUTS, the latter one containing the csf files with the rules to
sort too since this is some kind of 'style.' It is
$TEXMF/bibtex/{bst,}//, meaning for example
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/bibtex/csf or
~/Library/texmf/bibtex/csf.

bibtex has its own top-level tree since it is not derived from TeX (or
LaTeX).

--
Greetings

   Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me
as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world.
Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German, and
Germany will declare that I am a Jew.          --Albert Einstein, 1929

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>