[OS X TeX] What Happened to My Lucida Bright?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 10 11:23:18 CEST 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 11:44 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> There is a ConTeXt-updater package which is upgraded automatically
> from the pragma site.
>
> Installing with the i-Package will not change your map file as far
> as I know. If it does, I need to find out how and see what I can do
> about it.

I had the same thing happen to me once before and was told that some
experimental code had inadvertently gone into the ConTeXt Updater i-
package. When I ran the TeX i-package Configurations script again and
told it to delete that local ConTeXt update it all stabilized again.
This time I ran the Uninstall script of the ConTeXt Updater i-package
and then the Configuration script of the TeX i-package and again
thing stabilized. I don't know what was in the latest (and a previous
- I know that there was at least one ``good'' one in between) but it
fonts weren't being found by pdflatex (and possibly dvips but I guess
I didn't test that) so I suspect the map file for pdflatex was being
overwritten with another incompatible one.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>