[OS X TeX] Macs and Intel

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 9 16:19:49 CEST 2005

Folks:

I've notice postings from several list members re. this big change.
I  have found the following articles to be interesting and
informative.  Perhaps you will too . . .   I think the most
informative of these are the universal binary documents from Apple
and the anatech ones.  In Apple's you will find some of the
limitations of the transition and older software (what Bruno was
commenting about the other day).

1-What the others say

< http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23769 >

  WWDC 2005 - Apple to Move to Intel Processors in 2006
<http://anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2438>

Apple's Move to x86: More Questions Answered
<http://anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2439>

John Siracusa mourns the Power PC
<http://arstechnica.com/columns/mac/mac-20050607.ars>

MacInTouch
<http://www.macintouch.com/macintel.html>

2-What Apple and those actually involved in developing Say

Apple Developer Transition
<http://developer.apple.com/transitionkit.html>

Apple's Documentation
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/universal_binary/>
NB - look especially at Appendix A, Rosetta

The folks behind "Rosetta"
<http://www.transitive.com/index.htm>

Early Preview of Apple's Development Hardware (what comes w/the transition kit)
<http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/>

Apple Developers Begin Testing Intel-Powered Mac
<http://www.geekcoffee.net/archives/2005/06/apple_developer_1.html>

cheers,

Rene

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>