[OS X TeX] memoir and automatic 'numbering' of annexes

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 7 20:55:11 CEST 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Johan Almqvist wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder if there is a way to get automatic numbering/"lettering"
> of annexes with the memoir class? I.e. I want the 'chapter heading'
> for each annex to say:
>
> Annex A
>
> Bla bla
>
> -- new page ---
>
> Annex B
>
> Something else
>

> And ideally I'd get the right references using \label and \ref
> also... and have the table of context as "Annex A: Bla bla" or
> "Annex A---Bla bla"
>
> -Johan
> --
> Johan Almqvist
> johan at almqvist.net

Howdy,

Try \appendix just before you want the appendices and then \chapter
should give ``Numbered Appendices'' You might have to change
\appendixname to agree with your Annex. There are other things you
can do but try this first.

Hope that helps. Look at the memoir manual; it makes for excellent
reading.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>