[OS X TeX] Texshop & chapterbib

Ingo Reich ireich at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 15:02:46 CEST 2005

Hi,
I work on a larger project with several files included in a root file, each of which starts with the line "%!TEX root = ../root.tex" so that only the root file gets latexed. To put a short bibliography at the end of each included file, I furthermore make use of chapterbib.sty. Now my problem: To build the bibliography at the end of an included file, I need to bibtex the aux-file of the included file, but running bibtex on this file results in bibtexing the aux-file of the root-file. So it's a kind of  paradoxical situation: as for latex, I want texshop to go to the root file; as for bibtex, I don't want it to. Is there some elegant workaround (maybe via an applescript and/or a %!TEX-insensitive bibtex command)?
Thanks, Ingo

BTW: real scrolling doesn't seem to work anymore with texshop 2.03. Is this due to Tiger?
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>